【Unit Project 1】My artifact

 

 Hello. I will now introduce my artifacts. The artifact I will introduce is a pottery cup. This is what I used on a daily and I really like it. This is a handmade item, so there is only one in the world.  The cup was strong but very light.

 

  This artifact, a cup, was made by my grandfather on a trip when I was in elementary school. And I got it from my grandfather. However, at first I didn't like it much because it was plain.   There is another version of this cup in a different color, and it belonged to my grandfather. My grandfather loved that cup very much. He used it almost every day, and even asked me to use it with him when I went to my grandfather's house. However, my grandfather passed away, and now my grandmother using the cup.  

 

My grandmother told me, ''My grandfather made this with you in mind, so I want you to treasure it.''  

 

I said to my grandmother, "I want to use it with my grandmother."  

 

So now my grandmother uses this cup.   Also, I am also using this cup in my own house now. 

 

   My artifact is a cup that my grandfather made on a trip and gave to me. This cup is said to be a craft from his grandfather's travels. Today, many people do not know about the traditional crafts of the area. I think this applies to a wide range of generations, not just young people. I am one of them. This is unique to the region and is symbolic. I thought that if many people didn't know about traditional crafts, the appeal of the area would be lost. Also, if there are people who don't know about traditional crafts, it will lead to the disappearance of craftspeople. It is a very big problem that there are no people left to make historic crafts due to a lack of craftsmen.



コメント

  1. It's a very nice artifact, a cup. I also think your story is wonderful. I think that traditional crafts should be valued.

    返信削除
  2. Hello. I'm Yu from I class. I was surprised because I knew your artifact is hand made!! It is cool!! From your criticism, I leared that preserving traditional crafts are needed.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

self-introduction

Disney Sea